Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A week in reverie...

So it's been about a week since the dreaded plane ride to beautiful Austria. I managed to get sick on the plane and I utilized the free barf bags. It was glorious.
Jetlag wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It took me a few days to feel normal and not so tired but I managed to get through it.
I also managed to stay healthy while everyone else in the house came down with the cold or a flu...thank you immune system!
I have enjoyed walking everywhere and not having to drive and pay for gas but I'm waiting for it to get a little warmer since I feel like my limbs are about to fall off everytime I walk somewhere in the cold.
The Austrians are half, half. Some are very friendly and willing to help while some are awfully rude and refuse to give us the time of day.
The kids at the school are a little arrogant and rude as well. They mostly avoid us at all costs and move their seats at the caf if we're anywhere near them.
A couple of us found our favorite hole-in-the wall place to eat...fresh leberkase...be still my beating heart.
I love going to the market basically everyday cause it's so cheap and so delicious.
I'm very happy that European wine doesn't have perservatives like American wine cause I'm able to drink it and boy is it delicious...yes I have become quite the wine-o.
I miss home a little but I'm not dwelling on it cause this is a great opportunity and I'm trying to make every minute of it.
Classes just started yesterday, they're ok. I'm not huge on the European lecture (don't tell Kroll I said that) but Heather's classes are fun...minus The Sound of Music, yes I hate it.
I'm hoping I spend my money wisely so I don't run out..that would be horrible!!

"If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone else's plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much"- Jim Rohn

1 comment:

  1. I just want to sit with the kids in the caff one day!!!! We will talk to Edward and other cute boys before we leave :-p

    The lecturing is going to take some time to get used to...but its intersting

    And yes cheap cheap wine!!!

    ReplyDelete