Sunday, February 1, 2009

10 Words that describe me

Hypochondriac- I tend to think that I have every illness under the sun. If I watch a movie where someone is dieing from Cancer I automatically think I have it too. Even if I hear of something so absurd and rare I always make myself believe I have it. I can't tell you how many times I've had blood work done for numerous illnesses I never really had. It's pretty embarrassing.

Ambitious- I try to push myself as much as possible. Growing up watching my parents struggle made me want to make a better life for myself. Sometimes I just don't take "no" for an answer and I'm not afraid to take a chance on something (for example, being the only freshman on this trip)

Sensitive- I'm a very sensitive person in more ways than one. I'm sensitive when it comes to emotions, sometimes my feelings get hurt over something very small, I tend to look at the small details in everything. I'm also sensitive when it comes to others. Because I take in all the details I tend to know how people are feeling or how they'll react to something.

Writer- Ever since I was little I was always told I should be a writer. What is that really though? Needless to say, whether or not I make that into a career or not I feel that writing is the easiest way for me to say something. Going back to me noticing the small details in everything, I am able to use that when writing. Also, I feel that words are very powerful whether we admit it or not and I'd like to see them come back into power (in a good way).

Lover- This is one of those words that I would be better off showing rather than trying to tell. I love to love and be loved. My family, friends, pets, etc. There's no other feeling in the world like love. As corny and cliche as that may sound it's true. And yes, I am a female and therefore a hopeless romantic like every other red-blooded human being with a vagina.

Unlucky- For some reason I was cursed with being a very unlucky person. I am allergic to more things than I'm not, I get pulled over for having a headlight out while the guy in front of me is cruising down the road doing 80 miles an hour, I get hurt on a daily basis...I don't even want to go on, somethings probably about to fall out of the sky and hit me...

Recluse- More often than not I prefer to be by myself. Although I love my family and friends I've always had a very complex personality. I like to do things by myself because I can do them how and when I want to. I always think about everything in depth and I enjoy my time alone to just sit and be by myself with my thoughts. I'm very independent and I like my privacy.

Judgemental- Although this is something I'm trying to get past and work on I'm still a very judgemental person. I'm not very sympathetic towards people and more often than not I don't like giving people second chances. If there is something about a person that I just can't look past I tend to not even want to try to be friends with them.

Possessive- This is something else I'm trying to work on. I have a very possessive personality when it comes to people more than things. When I was little I was very selfish when it came to material items. As I grew up I grew out of that and became more attached to people rather than things. I lost a lot of friends growing up simply because I didn't want to share them with others. I'm learning now that I just end up alone when I can't give other people a chance.

Karma- I truly believe that everything happens for a reason. I believe that the bad things you do are going to come full circle and the same goes for the good. I believe that good things happen to good people and everybody will get what they deserve.

Although the assignment was to put these 10 things in order of greatest to least mine are really in no specific order because I feel that each of these things equally make up a part of who I am.

"We continue to shape our personality all our life. If we knew ourselves perfectly, we should die"- Albert Camus

2 comments:

  1. Like you, I am a writer. My second major is creative writing, I don't plan on doing anything with it, its just a hobby. I full heartly believe in karma, I don't necessarily believe that everything happens for a reason, but what goes around comes around. And I like to be alone as well, from time to time. I heard a quote (it'll take too long to explain where I heard it) but it goes "hours of silence will bring more answers, than days and days of talking." I truly believe this.

    Vienna is going to be Bitch'n!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am ambitious, for almost the exact reason. My parents didn't go to college. My dad has always told me to work with my head and not my hands. He has made a good life for himself out of nothing, but he always told me to push myself and not to take no for an answer.

    ReplyDelete