Monday, March 23, 2009

Salzburg, Innsbruck, Munich

During our week we visited Salzburg, Innsbruck, and Munich. I personally enjoyed each place but not as much as the last. Salzburg was the best time, we met some awesome people as well as a complete nutcase who tried to kill us. I only stayed in Innsbruck one day and I was sick the entire time which didn't really leave a good impression on me. I left Innsbruck early to go to Munich with 4 of the other kids. Our first day we had beautiful weather and we walked around the entire day which was fun and relaxing, nice to get away from a big group (no offence guys). As far as the excursions were concerned I enjoyed going to the saltmines, it gave me a new outlook on going cave-exploring or whatever you want to call it. I didn't enjoy the castles as much because the tour guides were kid of idiots and we only got to see about 30 minutes worth of estate. I would have liked to go skiing in Innsbruck but again I was basically on my death bed and also my wallet was EMPTY. Last but certainly not least experiencing Dachau was amazing..not fun but definetly a learning experience. I wish we had spent more time there, however, so we could have seen it all and also gotten to see the museum.



We met the most people while we were in Salzburg because our hostel was extremely friendly and open. We met a lot of older people from Germany which was strange but still cool cause they were nice and it was fun to try to speak English to them. There were a few Americans as well but I wasn't really too interested. We also be-friended three Australians, who were probably my favorite people EVER. The following day those three decided to stalk us Americans and show up at the same hostel in Munich. Coincidence? We enjoyed their company there as well (kinda). I couldnt really say I had a favorite moment speaking to one person because it's all a learning experience. I did however enjoy talking to the Australian people more cause they speak English (shh..I don't know German).

No comments:

Post a Comment